Snacky McSnackerson

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

That's my name tonight. I just couldn't decide what to make for supper, so I just kept snacking. And now that I decided on homemade pizza, I'm full! Darn. :-(


Work in the IT Department was very slow today. So I took off a little early. I hadn't really brought much for lunch, so I decided to purchase a little something at the Student Union cafeteria. I went in there hoping to get a good salad, but it was slim pickings. My only other options were Chick-Fil-A, Taco Bell, Substation, a pizza place and a burger place. I settled on a cup of chili from the deli area. It was a little watery, but it still hit the spot.


I had brought some sugar snap peas w/ hummus and an apple. I ended up saving the apple for after my workout.

After lunch I headed to the gym for a MASSIVE workout.

  • 20 minute warm-up on elliptical
  • 3.5-mile, 33-minute treadmill run
  • 30 minute cool-down on recumbant bike
  • floor abs
  • stretching

I had an abundance of energy for some reason! I scarfed down my apple on my way to class. I was done by class by 4:30, so I headed home right away. I was super excited to get home and make dinner and chill out with Kris. While I drove, I came up with several supper ideas: Turkey Burger Taco Salad, Bacon-Wrapped Halibut w/ steamed veggies, homemade pizza, some type of casserole made with leftover spaghetti squash...

They all sounded so good, I couldn't choose! I decided to let Kris choose. However, when I got home he was pretty much out the door right away to go "shoot hoops" all the way over in St. Clair (a good 35-minute drive from us) with a friend of his. I was pretty disappointed. :-(

After he left, I realized that I was absolutely starving. So while I was trying to decide what to make, I started snacking. First, a Banana Cookie Larabar.

The flavor was amazing! But at 210 calories, 5 grams of protein and 4 grams of fiber, this bar is bordering on meal replacement rather than snack. I'm not sure I would buy it again, even though I did love the taste of it.

I also had a piece of string cheese and a turkey stick (we buy these in bulk at Hy-Vee, they are so delicious!).

I ALSO had a few tortilla chips and Sabra Roasted Red Pepper Hummus. Then I was full...

Well, Kris said he might stop and bring home some subs for us, so I might be eating something a little later.

2 comments:

Krista said...

I just tried the Banana LaraBar last night and loved it, too! I find them all high cal, so I save them for days when I haven't eaten very much!
P.S. Love your nails! :)

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Ahh, so sorry that work was slow today :0( Hope that today (Thursday) goes by quicker for you!!

LARABARS!!!!!!!! A daily eat of mine :0)