Fish and Chips

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Holy cow am I ever stuffed. I don't know why, but I always seem to overeat on Thursday dinners! Maybe because my dinners Friday-Wednesday are rather smallish, so my body somehow feels the need to make up for it on Thursdays?! Weird.

Anyway, I made delicious oven-baked fish and chips with a side of homemade coleslaw.


I started off with these:


I double-breaded them with a mixture of Kashi crackers and Fiber One, made into fine crumbs in my food processor. (Double-breading consisted of dipping once into an egg white/almond milk mixture, then into bread crumbs, back into egg white, back into bread crumbs). Then I sprayed them with olive oil spray and baked them at 425 for 25 minutes, flipping once. SUPER crispy and quite delectable.

My "chips" were actually Alexia Rosemary, Parmesan & Roasted Garlic Oven Reds. I baked them for the same time and on the same pan as the fish, which made it very easy.

My coleslaw was a simple mixture of bagged confetti slaw, 2 tablespoons of Miracle Whip Free, 1 Tablespoon Garlic Red Wine Vinegar, 1 Tablespoon Greek Salad Dressing, plus sea salt and ground black pepper. Kris HATES regular coleslaw with a passion, and the only kind he'll eat is the stuff that I make. (I personally think it's all in his head... like me with cottage cheese... GROSS.)

Okay, on a non-foodie note: Does ANYBODY else watch Grey's Anatomy out there?! If you do, what the heck is with Izzy and DENNY?! Is he not DEAD?! Weird.

Off to bed!

4 comments:

amy. said...

Great make-over of fish and chips! The breading you created sounds really healthy but tasty too. Thanks for sharing!
Unfortunately i dont watch greys, sorry!
Have a nice night :D

HangryPants said...

This year I officially made the switch to the Office and if Denny's back, I am glad I did!

Not related to this post, but your comment about dates. You should try Medjool dates! They are sticky and chewy and delicious!

RecipeGirl said...

This looks great- what an easy meal!

Anonymous said...

I really love the breading idea! That's so creative!