Product Review: Annie's Mac & Cheese

Monday, November 10, 2008

(Note: this post was written last night, but due to internet connect problems, I couldn't publish it until this morning)

First off, a special thanks to everyone who participated in the "Tag"! I just love those things, you get to learn more about your favorite bloggers!

Well I have had a relaxing and lazy Sunday. Problem is, I've been having too many relaxing & lazy days lately! I need to pick up my workout schedule. The onset of winter is making it a little hard- no more running outside. I'm going to have to start driving over to the gym in Mankato when I get off work on Tuesdays and Thursdays, instead. :-( What I really want is a Wii Fit!

Lunch today was an interesting take on a tuna melt. I'm out of bread but I have some whole wheat hot dog buns. I piled on leftover lemon pepper tuna, artichokes, tomatoes, onions and a little bit of cheese and cooked it in the toaster oven for a few.



On the side I ate a tomato that I got from my grandma yesterday. Somehow, she still has garden tomatoes!! It was very good.


Kris made us dinner tonight. I love watching him cook because he's so methodical about everything! Reading all of the directions before starting anything, timing everything perfectly... he must have gotten an A+ in home ec!

He decided to make a box of Annie's Organic Macaroni & Cheese that I picked up a few weeks ago. We've never had it before, so I was excited to try it. He added a can of chicken breast and some okra to it.


My review:
Initially, it didn't taste very "cheesy" to me. I added sea salt & freshly ground black pepper on top, which really seemed to enhance the flavor. The okra & chicken were definitely a needed addition, as the mac & cheese itself is a little boring. But I would definitely buy this again. :-)

4 comments:

Erica said...

I agree the Annie's is a little light on the cheese flavor but its still very good! I just enjoy that it doesn't taste artificial- i.e. fake cheesey. I think it requires some additions but all in all a good product!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE LAZY DAYS!!! I never get any, so enjoy them for me, please :0)

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm new to your blog but feel like I should add..I agree that Annie's is very watery and not so cheesy, but I think it is becuase we are all so used to that overly cheesy and processed Kraft!!

Maggie M. said...

yummy!!!

my answers are up btw :)