Turkey Burger Mania!

Friday, September 19, 2008

Oh, I am STUFFED. My turkey burgers tonight were amazing!! Check 'em out:





I mixed 1 pound of ground turkey with minced garlic, garlic salt, red pepper flakes, sea salt, a little bit of teriyaki sauce and some freshly ground black pepper. I made 4 burgers total, and had about 1/5 of the ground turkey left, which I'll brown up a bit and refrigerate it to put in eggs, salads, etc. for the next few days. I served the burgers on Village Hearth Light Wheat hamburger buns, which have only 80 calories in each, but are still plenty big, soft and delicious! I toasted them for a few minutes, put the burgers on top, added a slice of provolone and stuck them back in the oven at 325 degrees for a few more minutes to melt the cheese. While I was browning the burger, I carmelized some white buttom mushrooms and red onions with some balsamic vinegar. I piled those on top of the cheese, added a few slices of roma tomatoes and made my own chipotle aioli with Hellman's Light Mayonnaise. Steamed up some fresh asparagus, and it was ready! Super quick and easy and AMAZING.


Washed it down with a Grainbelt. Gotta love my Minnesota beer


Kris and I might go out tonight for a while. We can't be too hung over tomorrow though, since we're going to go to the Renaissance Festival! YAY, turkey legs! Lots of pictures, I promise.

I'm off to sit on our deck and drink beer. TGIF!

0 comments: