Yoga and NOODLES!

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Ahhhh... what a good day.

I woke up at 5:30am as usual. Made it into town for an 8am yoga class. I haven't taken a yoga class in over a year! I forgot all of the muscles that it uses... much different from my usual elliptical/bike routine. I am going to be SORE tomorrow. But it will be a good sore, for sure.

I did not eat breakfast before yoga. I know I should have, but I was in a hurry and I don't like to eat much before I work out because then I always feel like I'm going to throw up! So after I got to work, around 9:30 I had a nectarine. Very juicy and very good. I felt energized from yoga, and surprisingly, the nectarine kept me full all the way until lunch!

I also had a few cups of coffee. This morning when I brewed my coffee, I added a pinch of cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg in with the grounds. Delicious! I will definitely make that a habit.


(I know it's not Christmas but this is my favorite Starbucks mug, I use it all year round!)

Around 10:30, Kris sent me a text message asking me if I wanted to go to Noodles for lunch. The math department had given everyone "Buy one meal, get one free" coupons in the beginning of the school year, and he wanted to use it. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE Noodles, so of course I said yes. I love it because they have such excellent options for delicious, HEALTHY meals!

I had packed a lunch for the day, of course: A Bumble Bee Tuna Sensation in lemon pepper, some celery sticks and leftover tomato and cucumber salad from last night's dinner. This is what it looked like:

I'm sure it would have been very good, and I meant to bring it home after work to bring to my other job for lunch tomorrow. But I forgot it in Kris's minifridge in his office, so he gets to eat it tomorrow. Darn. Anyway, what I DID actually have for lunch was a small "Bangkok Curry" dish, which I added shrimp and hot sauce to. It had lots of yummy vegetables- cabbage, carrots, onions, mushrooms (my favorite)! Kris had a "Pasta Fresca" dish with parmesan-encrusted chicken that I also took a bite of and it was very good too. He also bought us a big, soft Snickerdoodle cookie, which I ate about 1/3 of. Snickerdoodles might be my favorite cookies.






I had marinated two chicken breasts in balsamic dressing over night. I decided to stuff them with a mixture of fat free cream cheese, spinach and garlic. I also whipped up some spinach spaghetti, tossed it with my new favorite salad dressing (Wishbone Bountiful's Tuscan Romano Basil) and some garlic, oregano and basil seasoned diced tomatoes.

Kris and I washed dinner down with a Miller Chill. Apparently they are being discontinued, so when we stopped at the liquor store last weekend we bought 3 cases of it for super cheap! We'll be drinking Miller Chill for a loooooooooooooooong time.

I am EXHAUSTED! Goodnight :-)

0 comments: