LARABAR SIGHTING!!!

Monday, October 20, 2008

Finally! I found them! Today after running a few errands (tanning, getting my nails done, Halloween costume-shopping... haha, real important errands) I decided to make a trip to the downtown Cub Foods. I haven't shopped there in a while, since I used to live near there, but I remembered that they had a pretty decent organic/health foods section.

Little did I know that they place had improved immensely since I'd last been there! It might be my new favorite grocery store! I found several things that I've wanted to try but haven't been able to locate. INCLUDING, LARABARS! I bought cherry pie, apple pie and banana cookie.

On my drive back home, I tried an apple pie one, and had a Cherry Coke Zero.



I can now see why everyone is so crazy for these things! It honestly tasted like apple pie. It had big chunks of apples in it. I also liked that it wasn't crumbly like a granola bar... it was denser, but not so dense that it hurt my jaw to chew, like Clif bars sometimes do. I can't wait to try another flavor!



When I arrived home, I unpacked my groceries. Here's everything I got: spinach, apples, grapes, pears, romaine lettuce, baby carrots, broccoli & cauliflower, wild berry crisp cereal, baked yellow tortilla chips, Kashi roasted vegetable crackers, unsweetened Almond Breeze, Eggplant parmesan bites, Deep Chocolate Vitatops (another awesome find!), garlic & herb sprea, Sabra Roasted Red Pepper hummus (YESSS! Couldn't find it anywhere!), reduced fat feta cheese, Sargento mozzarella slices and Chipotle Cheddar Slices, and 2 % milk shredded Italian cheese.

LUNCH
I was starving by the time I unpacked everything. I made a chicken, apple and chipotle cheddar melt. Perfection! On the side I had the rest of the apple I used in the sandwich, which I sliced up, topped with a bit of Naturally More Peanut Butter, sugar free maple syrup and a little bit of Pumpkin Flax cereal.





Yum, yum!

I must say, now that I've found the perfect Halloween costume, I CANNOT WAIT for Halloween. I want to tell you all what it is, but I think I'll try to keep it a secret until the big night. It's pretty groovy though!!

Time to get ready for supper. I think I'll make spaghetti squash.

1 comments:

HangryPants said...

I love apples in sandwiches!