New grocery store organic section!

Friday, October 24, 2008

I was so exicted today when I stopped by the grocery store here in St. Peter. They've added a new organic/health foods section! Kris and I don't normally grocery shop here in town, as the prices tend to be a little high since there is really only one grocery store. But they stock some products that I haven't been able to find other places, so I definitely will be shopping there more often! Here's what I bought:


Alexia oven fries (red potato and sweet potato), Kemps fat free blueberry cream frozen yogurt, a big container of 0% Fage, FIVE new kinds of Larabars that I haven't tried, Musselman's apple butter, Campell's Select Harvest light soups, sugar free cool whip (frozen, it's better than ice cream, I swear), Chocolate Brownie Z-bars and... my favorite find... Walden Farms calorie-free dressings!! I've been looking for them for soooooooo loooooooooong! I bought Creamy Bacon and Italian Sundried Tomato.

I was so excited to have found those dressings, as soon as I got home I opened them up to sneak a little taste. DELICIOUS. I wish I had bought them before I'd eaten lunch today, so I could have used them on the salad that I made.



It was a pretty simple salad: spinach, romaine lettuce, sliced pepper turkey deli meat, cucumbers, tomatoes, feta and parmesan cheese. Dressing was Kraft Fat Free Honey Dijon. I also topped the salad with some crushed Kashi crackers.




I also had half of a Kashi dark chocolate chip cookie. (I'd already taken a bite before I took this picture, it was much bigger than this!)


When I got done grocery shopping, I decided to do my workout. I ran outside for 3 miles, then lifted arms and did some legwork and abs when I got home. It was a very good workout. Afterward, I ate half of a Cherry Pie Larabar.


I was excited to try this flavor, as many of you fellow bloggers seem to really like it. And, I LOVE cherry pie (note: cherry pie oats). However, I wasn't too impressed with this one. The cherry flavor was very.... tart. Not like the apple pie bar, which tasted sweet even though it's unsweetened. It wasn't bad, but it's not my favorite!
So far, my Larabar flavor rankings are as follows:
  1. Apple Pie
  2. Banana Cookie
  3. Cherry Pie
I have so many more to try, I can't wait!!

Well, I think Kris and I are going to have a date night. I'm going to pour myself a glass of wine to officially welcome the weekend!

3 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

LARABARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VEGGIEGIRL'S DAILY EAT!!! :-D

Cherry Pie is the only flavor that I DON'T like, haha - definitely go for the other flavors!!

Enjoy date night!

Simple and Divine said...

BEWARE! WALDEN FARMS = SOME PRETTY NASY FUNK. Their caramel sauce is FABU tho--- But honestly, that shit is just SCURRY!! :-\

HangryPants said...

Have you tried the sweet potato fries yet? They're excellent!

Also, I agree with Julz - Walden Farms stuff is sometimes NASTO!!!!