Egg Baskets

Friday, September 26, 2008

That's what I'm calling my breakfast this morning. It was very nummy! (Can you tell I work with little kids all day, using words like that??)

First off, I dug out the middles of a Village Hearth Light Wheat bun (that I'd bought for my turkey burgers last week), and put them in the toaster over.

Then I sprayed two little ramekin-type containers (that I'd actually snagged from restaurants... they're the containers they bring sides of dressing in... I know, I'm horrible!) and poured a little bit of liquid egg white in them. I nuked them in the microwave for 1 min.

Then I took a piece of provolone cheese (90 cal), tore it into four pieces, and put two of the pieces on top of the toasted buns, and two of the pieces on top of the eggs and threw them back in the microwave for a couple of seconds to melt them.



I whipped up a "hollondaise" sauce (actually, it tasted nothing like it, but that's what I was going for) with a little Brummel & Brown, Hellman's Light Mayo and Honey Dijon mustard. I divided that onto the buns, topped them with pieces of pepper turkeys, and then slid the eggs into the holes of the buns. DELICIOUS!


Gotta go to work! I pray that those kids are more well-behaved today.

0 comments: