Home, home on the range... where the BUFFALO BURGERS roam...

Monday, September 29, 2008

I am fully satisfied and very happy! A belly full of a delicious buffalo burger, sitting on my couch watching Gossip Girl and blogging! This is the life...

For those of you who've never had buffalo (aka bison) burger, you are MISSING OUT. Luckily, I come from a family of avid hunters, and I pretty much always have frozen buffalo burger, or buffalo sirloin or SOME sort of buffalo meat on hand. It is a very lean meat, not "gamey" tasting at all, and is absolutely delicious. I seasoned the burgers I made tonight with a Chipotle-Cinnamon rub, cumin and chili powder. I topped the burgers with part-skim mozzarella cheese, canned organic diced tomatoes, lettuce and "fried" onions (chopped red onions that I dipped in egg beaters and covered in bread crumbs, then baked at 475 degrees for 15 minutes). The kicker was some Chipotle Honey Barbecue sauce!



I served them with steamed garlic-seasoned asparagus and grapes.
Well I'm going to relax for a while, then pack tomorrow's lunch, pick out my clothes and GO TO BED!

0 comments: