Sick Again?

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Headache. Sore throat. Stuffed sinuses. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

I get done with one sickness and start another one. I need to up my vitamin intake! Well I'm taking another rest day, since that seemed to have helped alot with my stomach bug on Monday. I suppose it's good that I've been taking the week off of exercise.

Well, I just finished breakfast, which was loaded with veggies and very good for me! I made an egg white omelette/frittata-type dish, with spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, red onions, garlic herb feta cheese and a sprinkling of shredded Italian cheese and fresh parsley. I also ground up some beans from my new coffee and poured a HUGE cup in my big "soup mug."

I thought I would also take the time today to show you what I put in my coffee on a daily basis. Right now, the beans I am using are Michael's Wicked Doodle (from Gordman's), which is SOOOOOO yummy. After brewing it, I put in a little bit (maybe 1/8 cup) of 8th Continent Light Soy Milk, and then just a touch of CoffeeMate Sugar Free Hazelnut Creamer. Then I mix in some Benefiber. This is especially helpful on mornings when I work at preschool, because I don't get to snack between breakfast at 6am and lunch at 1pm. The extra fiber helps to hold me over!

Well I'm off to the couch and Regis and Kelly. I'm hoping I will feel good enough to get to class this afternoon, since I already missed Monday's class.

0 comments: