Whiskey River Buffet

Sunday, September 21, 2008

When we moved to St. Peter a little over a year ago, we were a little sad that we were leaving Mankato and all of it's restaraunts. However, St. Peter has a few gems, and Whiskey River is definitely one of them! When I was growing up, I remember Whiskey River to be mostly bar food-- burgers and fries, etc. Now it's alot different!


Sunday brunch there is absolutely amazing! There are so many yummy dishes to choose from. We hadn't been there in a while and we were starving after church, so we decided to go for it!
I started with a make-your-own omelette, in which I put onions, green peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes and cheese. Very good.


Then I went through the main buffet line and got a bunch of different things! Some of them I only had a bite or two of, but I loved the variety. Pineapple, watermelon, strawberries. Eggs benedict (I'm a sucker for hollondaise sauce). "Pineapple chicken" wing, breakfast potatoes and a piece of ham. For dessert I had an oreo M & M bar, which was so amazing, I NEED to find the recipe for it!


Well, I'm about to head for Mankato to do a little bit of shoe shopping. I'm pretty full so I doubt I'll eat again until supper. I'm feeling good today though, I got a whole 12 hours of sleep last night and church this morning was very uplifting. I'm not sure what I'll make for supper, but you will definitely find out!

0 comments: