Sunday, October 12, 2008

That was the temperature of my body when I woke up this morning at 9. I was burning up. I just can't seem to shake this sickness that I've had for almost a month now. I'll get better for a few days, and then go right back to being sick. I'll probably go into the doctor tomorrow if I still have a fever.

Wellll.... let's recap yesterday and today. There's not much to it though, since my being sick has completely killed my appetite.

Yesterday, they boys & I had a very fun-filled day. First, I took them to my parents' to see the dogs, then go to the park. Then we went to a pumpkin patch near my house where they give free hayrides on the weekends.
We each picked out a pumpkin. Then for a special treat I took them to Culvers for some frozen custard. I had 1 scoop of their cookie dough- the flavor of the day.

I made chicken patty sandwiches, apples & tater tots for them for supper. I ate a handful of tater tots, but didn't make myself anything since Kris had told me he'd want to go get something to eat after I got done watching them. So when Lynnita came home, I headed to one of our friend's houses, where Kris had been watching football & playing Wii shuffleboard all day... he was half in the bag by the time I got there, of course. Needless to say, I could tell we weren't going to go eat anytime soon. But I still wasn't feeling very hungry, so I settled for a Jack's Pumpkin Spice Ale.

Very tasty, although I probably didn't need it. Later, the guys decided they wanted to go downtown to the bars.... another bad idea. I didn't get to eat until around 1 am, when I left the bar and stopped a sub shop. By then, I was absolutely starving. I got a turkey sub on wheat with tomatoes & sprouts. My camera's battery was dead so I wasn't able to take a picture of it. I was so tired from my cold medicine and so fed up with all the drunk people around me! I was able to drag Kris to the car and we drove home, FINALLY. I was exhausted.

This morning, I was so hot and feeling so horrible, all I wanted was something really cold to eat. I had a strawberry Chobani w/ cinnamon Puffins and some pineapple. I couldn't really taste any of it, but at least I wasn't hungry anymore.

I slept most of the day. Kris made us supper- "Chicken a la King", his favorite comfort food. Biscuits topped with a mixture of corn, shredded chicken, mushrooms & cream of mushroom soup. Once again, my tastebuds are not working, but I feel satisfied and tired now after eating it.

Well... I'm not sure about work tomorrow. I can't miss class though, so I'll have to go into Mankato at some point. I sure hope I can get rid of this damn cold!


trustmyintuition said...

Awe! What adorable pictures!! You're so pretty, and I hope you feel better soon!

Lyss said...

Thank you so much! I am feeling a little better, my full day of rest has helped alot.