Pumpkin Cinnamon French Toast with Maple Apple Topping

Saturday, October 11, 2008

YUM YUM! I woke up hungry for something sweet, which is pretty odd since normally I'm craving savory things in the morning (like eggs, meat & cheese). So I decided to take advantage of my craving and whip up some french toast for me & Kris.

I whisked together Egg Beaters, Light Vanilla Soy Milk, canned pumpkin, cinnamon & nutmeg. Soaked 5 pieces of bread (2 Village Hearth Light Wheat for me, 2 Brownberry multigrain for Kris) and pan-fried w/ cooking spray in a large wok.

The topping was a combination of sugar free canned apple pie topping and sugar free maple syrup. It totally hit the spot. While I cooked up the french toast, I drank a Function water that I picked up at Target the other day.

Last night, after I blogged I snacked on a turkey stick & a piece of string cheese. I did take a picture of it, but later on that night I cleaned out my camera and accidentally deleted it!! Oops. Oh well, it wasn't the prettiest picture anyway. Around 7:30, I decided to start cocktail time. I mixed myself a Rum & Diet, with Ron Diaz spiced rum (less alcohol, less calories than Captain Morgan) and Cherry Coke Zero.


While I sipped my drink, I snacked on some candy corns for my candy dish. MMMM!


Kris and I were pretty lazy-feeling last night, so we decided to just go out for dinner. We went to Whiskey River (probably the nicest restaurant in our small little town here, but still just a bar & grill). They have delicious food there though. I ordered the Turkey Spinacio sandwich w/ fries. The sandwich was HUGE, and piled with turkey, creamed spinach, artichokes & parmesan cheese. The fries were delcious, too. Everybody needs some french fries every once in a while!


I only ate half of my meal, and then boxed up the other half to take home. While I was there, I also had a drink called a "Harvey Wallbanger." Vodka, orange juice & Galliano. Pretty good, but it put me to sleep! We went home & crashed right after dinner.

I'm watching Lynnita's boys today for a while. I think I might take them to my parents so they can play with the dogs. I haven't seen my family in a few months, anyway. I'll update later!

0 comments: