Chicken Sausage Pesto Pizza

Monday, October 13, 2008

Well, I finally got around to doing a light workout: abs, legs, stretching, etc. No cardio today though. Tomorrow, for sure.

I picked up Kris around 5:30 today, after sneaking in a quick tanning bed tan. Now, I know this is horrible for me... but I'm not going as Snow White for Halloween, so I need at least a slight browning if I'm going to show any skin whatsoever in a few weeks. I'm only going to go 5 or 6 times, then stop after Halloween. I like to stick to the lotions for the rest of the winter.

We stopped off at Hy-Vee for a quick grocery shop. I picked up a Grande Skinny Decaf Pumpkin Spice Latte at the Starbucks in the store for the ride home.

Then I made a homemade pizza!



I'd bought a couple of pre-baked pizza crusts: Deli-catessen Thin-Style Pizza & Focaccia Crusts. My favorite! A third of the crust is only 80 calories, but packs 3 grams of fiber and 5 grams of protein. And they are delicious. I sprayed the crust with EVOO cooking spray, then sprinkled on some pesto mix. Next went chopped artichoke hearts, white button mushrooms, sliced chicken sausages, tomatoes, goat cheese & Italian blend cheese. I baked it at 400 degrees for 15 minutes and it was perfect. Crispy and delish!



Alongside the pizza I made what I like to call a "restaurant side salad." It's pretty much just a plain salad of packaged romaine lettuce mix, tomatoes & "croutons" (I didn't have croutons so I crumbled some Kashi crackers on top: perfect!). My dressing was homemade buttermilk ranch. Sometimes I just need ranch dressing on my salad, it's a Minnesota thing.

Dessert was a scoop of fat free frozen cool whip, drizzled with dark chocolate syrup and topped with a few Halloween sprinkles! A little sinful, but well worth it.



I'm off to get everything ready for work tomorrow- making lunch, picking out my clothes, etc. I know, I way too organized! Hope everyone had a good Monday. I'm feeling much better, Thank God.

2 comments:

amy. said...

Hey, Just discovered your blog. Its so cute! I'll definitely be visiting often :D

Caitlin said...

mmm sprinkles :D my fav!