High Protein Day

Friday, October 10, 2008

I was exhausted getting up this morning, due to our late night up in the cities last night. So I thought that I could probably use a little extra protein to fuel me today.

For breakfast, I made a Dijon Honey Ham Omelet. I used 1/2 cup Egg Beaters and whisked in a tablespoon of Honey Dijon Mustard & a little bit of fresh salsa into the eggs. Inside the omelet went fresh spinach, onions, goat cheese and honey ham.


I was very, very satisfied after eating it. I had a small side of pineapple with it.


I didn't get lunch until 12:45 again today, which sucked because I was pretty hungry. Luckily, I had packed a HUGE salad. My inspiration was The Spicy Pickle's "Salsalito Bandido Salad", which I practically lived off of all summer in Sioux Falls.



Romaine lettuce, strips of ham, black beans, corn, fresh tomatoes, onions and a little bit of shredded cheddar and Italian blend cheese. I was in the mood for some creamy dressing, so I made my own "Mexi-Ranch" dressing:

1 T. Hellman's Light Mayo
1 T. Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
1 T. Kraft Light Zesty Italian
2 T. fresh salsa
Black Pepper
Cumin

It made too much dressing, and I didn't use it all, but it tasted wonderful! I ate my whole salad, along with some grapes.


As soon as I got home from work, I went for a run. I knew that if I sat down and 'unwinded,' I probably wouldn't have the motivation to do it later! The run wasn't my best, for sure. My legs felt like dead weight, and they are pretty sore from Wednesday's treadmill run. Plus, it was SUPER windy out, which makes it so much harder!

Well, I just got out of the shower and I'm going to eat a little snack and then run to the store for some diet soda to mix with some Ron Diaz spiced rum for a Friday night cocktail. TGIF!

0 comments: