Pumpkin Oats

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Last week I bought a big container of Quaker oven-toasted quick oats that were on sale. I haven't had oatmeal in years. When I was younger, I had a hard time eating things with that mushy texture (like bananas, squash, oatmeal, etc.) and even though I got over it, I haven't introduced oatmeal back into my life.... until now!

I made it with a little over a 1/2 cup oats and stirred in a little bit of pumpkin, some dried apples & apricots, sugar free maple syrup and topped it with some Fiber One and cinammon.

On first bite, I actually got a big wave of nausea and ran to the bathroom, standing above the toilet for about 5 minutes. Haha, honestly, I'm not kidding! I don't know if it was the oatmeal or not, since my stomach felt a little off this morning when I first woke up. But the feeling passed (without any regurgitation), and I sat back down to eat. I ate it slowly, and ended up really liking it! I think I will need to add more water next time and a little more crunch of some sort. But all in all, it was a good oatmeal experience.


I also had half of a small banana w/ cinammon on the side.

Well Thursdays normally excite me because Grey's Anatomy is on. However, I'm doing something different tonight! Kris & I are going up to the Twin Cities so that he can play in a touch football game, and I'm going to go Halloween costume shopping and to a play with a friend. No excercise for me today, so it's going to be a lower-calorie day. I probably won't have much of a supper, so I wanted to make sure my breakfast was pretty calorie dense. I'm also really excited about what I'm bringing to work for lunch.... show you later!

0 comments: