What the world needs now...

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Is sleep, sweet sleep!


I am so tired that I can't sleep. I wasn't even going to post tonight, but I can't fall asleep so I guess I might as well. The longer I lay in bed, the more anxiety I get, thinking about how badly I need sleep. I read on MSN the other day that if you don't fall asleep within 15 minutes of laying there, get up and do something else for awhile and then go back to sleep. So that's what I'm doing!

Okay, what I ate today! Well, my omelet was super filling this morning. However, I did munch on a peanut butter Z-Bar at 9:45 am, simply because I was feeling rather irritated with my kids.


I didn't actually feel hungry, but I know from experience that when my patience starts wearing thin, the best thing I can do for myself is to snack on something.

LUNCH
My boss brought in a bunch of Honeycrisp apples today (my favorite!) and I snacked on a small one while feeding the kids lunch, around 11:30. I took my lunchbreak at 12:45. I had packed a "Turkey Club Wrap."


Made from: 1 La Tortilla Factory, Low Carb High Fiber multigrain tortilla, 2 tablespoons reduced fat veggie cream cheese, 1 oz. turkey, 2 slices of turkey bacon, crumbled, spinach, broccoli slaw and diced tomatoes. SUPER YUMMY!

I also had a small baggie of grapes w/ it.

And a small peanut butter cookie left over from the kids' lunches. Sometimes I just need a cookie!

When I got off work, I had a strict schedule I needed to stick to. I had a 1000-word article to write, I needed to run, I needed to cook dinner, I needed to get everything situated for tomorrow.... WHEW! No wonder I'm so tired.

SNACK
First thing I did was write the introduction to my article. It's an information piece dealing with the connection between eating disorders and religion, mostly from a historical aspect. Very interesting. While writing, I sipped a cup of green tea.


Then I ate a quick snack before going for my run.


I decided on a Fage yogurt (my first!) that I picked up from Hy-Vee last night. I took a bite of it plain and gagged. YUCK, it tasted like sour cream (and I HATE sour cream!). So I mixed in a tablespoon of Naturally More peanut butter, some shredded coconut, slivered almonds and a couple teaspoons of vanilla extract. MUCH better! It was like dessert.

I went for a 2 1/2 mile run. I had planned on a longer one, but about a mile into it, I realized how sick I am still. My nose was running all over the place, I was wheezing and coughing and my legs felt cold, despite the fact that I had run the first mile at an 8 min. pace. So, I cut it short, hoping to abstain from making my illlness worse.

DINNER
After my run I worked on the article a little more and then made supper. I wanted to do something quick and easy. What better than shrimp stir-fry made from frozen cooked shrimp and frozen veggies? I threw in a stir-fry seasonings packet, microwaved some rice for Kris's meal and voila! Done.

This one is my bowl. I topped it with diced fresh tomatoes.

I also had some more green tea with mine.


This is Kris's dinner, w/ brown rice. His looked a little prettier.



Well I've got another super long day tomorrow. However, I love Wednesdays. YOGA! And I'm going to do a little shopping for our weekend in Chicago. Talk to you in the morning!

0 comments: